Explore Iceland's geothermal features, chill out at the peaceful property with a hot tub and sauna, tour Reykjavík by bicycle, get to know the friendly Icelandic people
It’s impossible not to fall in love with Iceland once you lay eyes on it for the first time, and nature enthusiasts, active hikers and shutterbugs will fall especially hard for this trip. This Local Living experience introduces you to the unique populace of this tiny island nation as they lead you around their exotic, volcano-forged homeland, dotted with hot springs, calving glaciers, crystal-clear rivers and crashing waterfalls. Active options include everything from snorkelling between tectonic plates and whale watching tours to whitewater canoeing trips and ATV excursions, so come prepared to do all sorts of everything.
- Visit to the Golden Circle including the Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir Hot Springs area. Tour of Reykjavík by bicycle. Icelandic cooking demonstration. Visit to local flea market Kolaportið.
- 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners. (Allow EUR50-75 for meals not included.)
- Hotel (1 nt), house in the Icelandic countryside (5 nts).
- Private van, bicycle, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 14, avg 10
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Reykjavík
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-6 Drumbó (5B,4L,5D)
Share a recently built house on the site of an old farm close to a river and small forest. Complete with a fully equipped kitchen and close proximity to a big patio with a hot tub and sauna, the setting is a perfect home base for your exploration of Iceland.
Day 7 Reykjavík (1B)
Transfer back to the capital and arrive around 11am. Feel free to book any departing flights after 2pm. If you have a later departure and wish to visit the pools of the Blue Lagoon on this day, your CEO can assist you.
Included highlights and day trips
• Half-day cycling tour around Reykjavík
• Visit to Kolaportið, the local flea market and also the best spot to buy fresh fish for a feast
• Icelandic cooking demonstration one night with the option to assist with dinner all other evenings
• Golden Circle Safari, including visits to the Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir Hot Springs area
Optional activities and day trips
The CEO will propose a different activity for the group each day; opting out and chilling at the house is always an option. Choose to supplement your trip with the following activities – snorkelling between two tectonic plates at Þingvellir, canoeing down the Hvítá River, soaking in the therapeutic waters of the Blue Lagoon or exploring the southern coastline.
Making your stay seamless
One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand in Iceland to make your trip the best it can be, occasionally tagging along to show you the best spots and keep you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the area and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats, covering everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to showing you how to work the sauna.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now