Hunt for the ethereal Northern Lights, soak in natural pools with locals, savour the fruits of a cooking lesson with an Icelandic dinner feast, scour the local flea and fish market for bargains, explore the Icelandic countryside.
It’s one thing to look at photos of the majestic Northern Lights – it’s definitely another to see them for yourself while living in Iceland for five days. While we’ll absolutely take some time to go in search of the Lights, we’ll also include some local elements to best connect you to winter life in Reykjavík – think visiting a local flea market, buying fish for a cooking class, and touring this beautiful city. The CEO is a native Icelander and will be able to impart loads of knowledge about customs and daily life. Throw in some free time to keep this trip extra customizable and you’ve got an Iceland living experience to remember.
- Guided Reykjavík city tour by foot. Two cooking lessons. Northern Lights excursion. Visit to naturally heated pools. Visit to Kolaportið Flea Market. Transport between destinations and included activities.
- 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners. (Allow EUR150-200 for meals not included.)
- Fully equipped house in Reykjavík (4 nts).
- Van, jeep, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 14, avg 10.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1-4 Reykjavík (3B,1L,2D)
Share a fully equipped house in Reykjavík with your fellow travellers, using it as a jumping off point for your Local Living and Northern Lights adventures.
Day 5 Reykjavík (1B)
You are free to depart at any time. If you have a later flight, you may want to opt for a visit to the famous Blue Lagoon.
Included activities and day trips
• Guided Reykjavík city tour, including a stop at some naturally heated pools popular with the locals and a visit to Kolaportið, the local flea and fish market
• Two Icelandic cooking lessons
• Northern Lights excursion by jeep with an expert guide to hunt out this otherworldly phenomenon
During your free time, opt to explore Reykjavík on your own or get out and visit some of Iceland's beautiful natural sites such as the Golden Circle or the Sólheimajökull Glacier. Snorkelling between two tectonic plates, hiking up a volcano or touring a nearby cave are also options.
Making your stay seamless
One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand to make your trip the best it can be, tagging along to show you the best spots and keeping you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the region and on hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats, covering everything from translating menus to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now