Get cozy at an agriturismo on the Amalfi Coast, hike the famous "Walk of the Gods", learn about the fate of Pompeii from an expert local guide, explore chic resort towns and historic villages, savour delicious home-cooked Italian food made from local ingredients, enjoy having the Amalfi Coast to yourself during the off-season.
Get ready to live like a local on this off-season trip to the hilltop towns and vineyards of the Amalfi Coast, where you'll explore the small towns and trails of this beautiful countryside while experiencing local customs and once-in-a-lifetime moments. Explore the ruins of Pompeii in the morning, hike the coastline of the Med by afternoon, and tuck into bed at your converted 17th-century monastery homebase at sundown. Since this trip takes place in the off season when it's just a bit cooler out, there are fewer people around the Amalfi Coast—meaning you'll have that much more paradise all to yourself.
- Guided tour of Pompeii. Hike along the famous "Walk of the Gods" (weather permitting). Visits to Amalfi, Ravello and Sorrento. Five home-cooked dinners using local organic produce. Three pre-dinner cooking experiences at the agriturismo. Limoncello- and mozzarella-making demonstrations. Orientation walk in Naples. Transport between destinations and included activities.
- 6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners. (Allow EUR100-150 for meals not included.)
- Hotel (1 nt), small locally owned guesthouse/agriturismo (5 nts).
- Minibus, local bus, boat, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guide.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Naples
Arrive at any time. Brief orientation walk after an optional group dinner.
Day 2-6 Furore/Amalfi Coast (5B,1L,5D)
Share a renovated traditional agriturismo and 17th-century former monastery immersed in greenery and located just outside the small village of Furore, high in the hills above the Amalfi Coast with lovely rural views. The rooms are comfortable and welcoming, all with an suite bathroom and lovely rural views.
Day 7 Naples (1B)
Morning transfer to the Naples train station. Depart at any time after 11am.
Included activities and day trips
• Five home-cooked multi-course dinners at the agriturismo using local organic produce
• Three pre-dinner cooking demonstrations
• Limoncello- and mozzarella-making demonstrations
• Hike along the breathtaking "Walk of the Gods" route
• Guided tour of the partially buried ruins of Pompeii
• Visits to the picturesque towns of Amalfi, Ravello and Sorrento
While most days are full with inclusions, any day trips can be skipped in favour of relaxation and independent exploration.
Making your stay seamless
One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand to make your trip the best it can be and will occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on optional daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the region and on hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats, covering everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now