Sorry! There are no remaining departures for "Local Living Italy: Rome" (EILL), but here are some similar trips.
Sharing a rental property with optional day trips and activities, strolling to St Peter's Basilica and Vatican City, making friends in your new home, being close to a metro station for easy exploring, finding hidden gems on out of the way streets, having the time needed to connect with this ancient capital.
Rome has been a world capital for millennia—give yourself the time needed to get acquainted. This Local Living option situates you in a comfortable apartment—kitchen, wi-fi, dining area—within walking distance to St Peter's Basilica and Vatican City. Spend your time exploring Roman ruins, medieval sites and Renaissance highlights. You’ll share your home with like-minded travellers but your days are your own. You can’t rush a love affair—take it slow and fall in love with one of Europe’s most impressive cities.
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G14PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by July 31, 2014, for travel by December 31, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Your shared home and exploration base for the week is a spacious, tastefully decorated 5-bedroom apartment with wi-fi and all the amenities you'll need including a fully equipped kitchen, living/dining room and small balcony. The apartment is located directly on a bus line near the subway and is walking distance to the Vatican and downtown core.
• Exploring world-class monuments of this open-air museum such as the Panthenon, Colosseum and Vatican Museum
• Wandering the city's famous art museums and outdoor sculptures
• Day tripping to Ostia Antica, Lazio, Pompeii or centuries old crypts
• Sampling local cuisine at world-class restaurants
• Soaking in the local culture while strolling the piazzas and enjoying espressos at local cafés
• Enjoying Rome's vibrant nightlife
• And more!
• Start your trip off right with an included starter kit of breakfast essentials and local delicacies
• Orientation walk around town to help you get your bearings
• Enjoy a dinner with local friends comprised of regional specialities one evening
• One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand in Rome to make your trip the best it can be and occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the city and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats that cover everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal or go out at night.