Call an Italian agriturismo outside of Sorrento home for the week, hike the famous "Walk of the Gods", learn about the fate of Pompeii from an expert local guide, explore chic resort towns and historic villages, savour delicious home-cooked Italian food made from local ingredients, stroll the streets of picturesque Capri.
Get a taste for Italian life on this one-week trip to Sorrento, located just around the corner from the Amalfi Coast. Replete with gorgeous scenery and all the fantastic food and drink you’d expect, you’ll unwind on a lemon farm where a local family will be your hosts, giving you an in-depth look at what life at an Italian agriturismo is like. And of course, there will be food demonstrations, including limoncello- and pizza-making as well as a walk along the stunning coastline, a visit to the elite island of Capri and a stop at Pompeii. Don’t be a tourist in Italy—live the dream.
- Guided tour of Pompeii. "Walk of the Gods" hike. Island of Capri visit. Five home-cooked dinners using local organic produce. Scenic boat ride from Positano to Sorrento. Limoncello- and pizza-making demonstrations. One evening cooking demonstration. Orientation walks in Naples and Sorrento. Transport between destinations and included activities.
- 6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners. (Allow EUR100-150 for meals not included.)
- Hotel (1 nt), small locally-owned guesthouse/agriturismo (5 nts).
- Minibus, boat, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guide.
- Small group experience; Max 12, Avg 8.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Naples
Arrive at any time. Brief orientation walk after an optional group dinner.
Day 2-6 Sorrento (5B,1L,5D)
Transfer to Sorrento and your home for the week, an organic lemon farm. With sweeping panoramic views of the sea and wooden pergolas atop lemon trees, the rooms are a great place for a peaceful night's rest. This is a working lemon farm that produces delicious limoncello.
Day 7 Naples (1B)
Morning transfer to the train station where the tour ends upon arrival at 11am.
Included activities and day trips
• Five home-cooked dinners at the agriturismo using local organic produce
• Introductory tour of the agriturismo, including the history of the property and limoncello- and pizza-making demonstrations
• One evening cooking demonstration
• Hike the famous "Walk of the Gods"
• Day trip to the island of Capri
• Guided tour of the partially buried ruins of Pompeii
• Scenic boat ride between Positano and Sorrento
• Orientation walks in Sorrento and Naples
While most days are full with inclusions, any day trips can be skipped in favour of relaxation and independent exploration. In your free time, visit local villages, spend time at the beach or explore Sorrento.
Making your stay seamless
One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand to make your trip the best it can be and will occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on optional daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the region and on hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats, covering everything from translating menus to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now