Learn traditional recipes and eat delicious Tuscan cuisine, tour the agriturismo's organic orchards and wine cellar and learn more about the Slow Food movement, visit medieval Montalcino and sample delicious local wines, explore the Tuscan countryside and stone-walled hill towns
Experience life the local way and you’ll experience a Tuscany that most tourists miss. This trip offers plenty of opportunity to get your hands dirty in the kitchen as you’ll learn to prepare and enjoy this picturesque region’s culinary and viticultural delights. Peruse the local markets and delis in search of the finest organic fare, sample wines in the very vineyards that produced them, and work off all that deliciousness with walks through some of the world’s most beautiful scenery. Just start forwarding your mail here now.
Now you can book your flights and your trip at the same time in one simple online transaction. Click, click, click, go! Easy!
Arrive at any time.
Orientation walk around Rome, then transfer by train to your home for the week outside of Chianciano Terme. Our accommodation is a rural Tuscan agriturismo in a country setting with beautiful valley views. The property has a small pool and many outdoor areas where you can relax, including a terrace. Our host Stefano is a very keen producer of everything local and organic and loves showing visitors around the region of his ancestors.
Morning transfer to Rome. Depart any time after 1pm from the Rome train station.
• Hands-on cooking demonstration of local specialities with our host Stefano, which you will then enjoy for your evening dinner
• Tour the agriturismo's orchards, fields and cellar and learn about local produce from the ground up along with traditional organic methods of cultivation
• Half-day trip to Montepulciano
• Wine and olive oil tasting at a local family's cellar
• Five home-cooked dinners of regional specialties at the agriturismo
• Day trip to Montalcino including a stop at Abbey Sant'Antimo to hear monks singing Gregorian chants (if lucky!)
• Orientation walks around Rome and Chianciano Terme to help you get your bearings
While most days are full of inclusions, any day trips can be skipped in favour of relaxation and independent exploration. Choose to visit nearby Siena, Orvieto or Florence, enjoy a traditional treatment in one of the local spas or relax at the beautiful agriturismo.
One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand to make your trip the best it can be, occasionally tagging along to show you the best spots and keeping you company on optional daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the region and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats, covering everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now