Sharing a rental property with optional day trips and activities, navigating the old Gothic Quarter, sampling the area's gastronomy on a tapas bar crawl, chilling out at the Barceloneta Beach, sampling vibrant Spanish nightlife
By turns cool, cosmopolitan and comfortable, Barcelona is that rare breed of world-class city that makes every visitor feel right at home. Our adventure here—with a centrally located apartment as home base—features a diverse array of activities for travellers eager to try something new every day; art and architecture tours for the culturally minded, tapas and cava bars for gastronomists, hiking the hills near Montserrat for outdoorsy types and plenty of nightlife for the night owls.
- Orientation walk in Barcelona, starter kit of breakfast essentials and local delicacies.
- 1 dinner. (Allow EUR240-320 for meals not included.)
- Fully equipped, centrally located apartment (7 nts).
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 10, avg 8.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1-8 Barcelona (7 nights' accommodation)
Your centrally located apartment in the Eixample district near Placa Catalunya has all the amenities you'll need during your stay with a fully equipped kitchen, large living and room area and included wi-fi internet connection. The tastefully decorated and comfortable apartment is set in the heart of Barcelona's centre, just a 5-minute walk to Plaza Catalunya and not far from La Rambla, Spain's most famous street. All the main attractions and restaurants are within walking distance.
Optional activities and day trips
• Soaking in works of art by Picasso, Dali, Miró and Gaudí
• Getting lost navigating the winding streets of the Gothic Quarter
• Shopping La Boqueria market for regional delights
• Relaxing at a local café and finding the best tapas in town
• Beach lounging in La Barceloneta
• Day tripping to beautiful Girona, famous for its old town and colourful houses along the river
• Hiking the beautiful rock formations of Montserrat
• And more!
Making your stay seamless
• Start your trip off right with an included starter kit of breakfast essentials and local delicacies
• Orientation walk around town to help you get your bearings
• Visit our favourite tapas bars with some local friends for dinner one evening
• One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand in Barcelona to make your trip the best it can be and occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the city and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats that cover everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal or go out at night.