Search for the Big Five on breathtaking game drives, enjoy a dhow safari in Bazaruto National Park, indulge in mouth-watering seafood, snorkel in the turqouise waters off Mozambique, visit a local Planeterra-supported preschool, experience the Portuguese flavour of the port towns.
Want to tell a better travel story at your next dinner party? Tell ‘em about the time you went to southeast Africa. Nature is front-and-centre on this 14-day trip across three countries—South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique—with plenty of time devoted to the region’s amazing national parks and spotless beaches. Wander around the Portuguese-influenced cities of Mozambique, take a traditional dhow safari boat around Bazaruto National Park, track the Big Five in Kruger National Park, drive the legendary Panorama Route to Johannesburg and even stop in at a Planeterra project along the way. Your stories are improving already.
- Wildlife walk in Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary (Swaziland). Maputo orientation walk. Beach time in Praia do Tofo (Mozambique). Beach braai (barbecue) dinner. Beach time in Vilanculos. Bazaruto National Park entrance. Traditional dhow (boat) safari. Inhambane orientation walk. Greater Kruger area stay. Planeterra-supported G Hope Africa preschool visit. Game drives in Manyeleti Game Reserve. Panorama Route drive. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD130-150 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Hotels (3 nts), chalets/bungalows (7 nts, some multi-share), safari park huts (2 nts), camping (1 nt).
- Private bus, open-roof safari vehicle, dhow
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO)/driver throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 18, avg 14
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Johannesburg
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary (1B)
Cross the border to Swaziland and enjoy a guided birding walk.
Day 3 Maputo (1B)
Cross the border and continue to the capital city of Mozambique, Maputo. Take an orientation walk including a visit to the municipal market, Praca dea Independencia, Iron House and the Jamma Masjid Mosque.
Days 4-5 Praia do Tofo (2B,1D)
Head for the first beach stop at Praia do Tofo. En route, swing through Inhambane for a introduction to this town. In Tofo, opt to swim, snorkel, dive or relax. In the evening on Day 5, enjoy a beach braai (barbecue).
Days 6-8 Vilanculos/Bazaruto National Park (3B,2L,1D)
Head north to Vilanculos for more beach time. On Day 7, enjoy a traditional dhow (boat) safari through Bazaruto National Park and beach camping on the mainland.
Day 9 Inhambane Area (1B)
Head to the lodge outside Inhambane. Take a walk on the beach, enjoy a local beer at the restaurant or just relax and take in the beautiful scenery.
Day 10 Xai-Xai (1B)
Enjoy the Portuguese flavour of another beautiful beach town.
Days 11-13 Greater Kruger Area
Cross back into South Africa and stay in Kruger NP for the night. Days 12 and 13, enjoy full-day game drives in Manyaleti Game Reserve. In the evening, enjoy traditional dancing.
Day 14 Johannesburg
Scenic travel day along the Panorama Route from Kruger back to Johannesburg. Tour ends on arrival. Onward travel can be booked from 9pm on.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now