Step back into history at the 'Bridge on the River Kwai', enjoy an authentic khantoke dinner in a local village, watch the sunset at the Temple of Doi Suthep, kayak along the stunning coastline of Koh Mae Ko, discover 'The Beach' at beautiful Maya Bay
The perfect mix of culture and beach, activities and relaxation, this 15-day adventure hits all the highlights. In the north, ponder the River Kwai, attend a cooking class for the secret to great curry, and marvel at the ruins of Ayutthaya. Then hit the beach and unwind—Koh Samui and Krabi await with tropical weather, beach barbeques and thrilling nightlife. Through a combination of flights, boats and overnight trains, you can see a lot and still come away feeling rejuvenated.
- Arrival transfer. Entrance to Thai/Burma War Museum and cemetery. Train journey on the 'Death Railway'. Visit to Erawan National Park. Entrance and guided tour at Ayutthaya Historical Park. Dinner on a converted rice barge. VIsit a rural village with authentic khantoke dinner in a local family's home. Thai cooking class with market visit. Tour of Bankok including boat tour of the Klong canals, the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew temple. Boat tour to Angthong Marine National Park including kayaking to Mae Koh and jungle trek to the green lagoon. Boat trip to Maya Bay and surrounding islands. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 14 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners. (Allow USD250-350 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (14 nts).
- Private bus/minivan, tuk tuk, boat, train, plane, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Days 2 Kanchanaburi (1B)
Travel to Kanchanaburi, home to the 'Bridge on the River Kwai'. Take a train journey on the 'Death Railway', visit the Thai/Burma War Museum and War Cemetery.
Day 3 Ayutthaya (1B,1D)
Morning visit to Erawan Waterfalls then travel to Ayutthaya and enjoy dinner on a rice barge.
Days 4 Ayutthaya/Chiang Mai (1B)
Explore the restored Khmer temple of Phnom Rung and the Muang Tam sanctuary, then return to Bangkok to catch a flight to Chiang Mai.
Day 5-6 Chiang Mai (2B,1L,1D)
Enjoy the capital of the North where we take a Thai cooking class with lunch and market visit, and listen to monks chanting at Doi Suthep Temple. We also visit a rural village for an authentic Khantoke dinner of local specialties. Option to visit the Elephant Conservation Centre and explore the night market.
Day 7 Bangkok (1B)
Flight to Bangkok for a klong boat tour and visit to Wat Po.
Day 8 Bangkok (1B)
Enjoy the day in bustling Bangkok. Option to visit temples, museums, visit a spa or go shopping.
Days 9 Koh Samui (1B)
Catch our flight to the tropical Island of Koh Samui. Relax on the beach or visit the town.
Day 10-11 Koh Samui (2B,1L)
Embark on a boat tour to Ang Thong Marine Park including a kayak trip along Koh Mae Ko. Take an easy jungle trek to the green lagoon. Option to take an elephant ride, snorkel, enjoy a Thai massage, visit a spa or take a jeep tour.
Days 12 Krabi (1B,1D)
Flight to a tropical paradise, Krabi. Settle in then this evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 13-14 Krabi (2B,1L)
Enjoy a boat trip to Maya Bay and the surrounding islands. Option to visit spas and relax, rent kayaks, snorkel or rock climb.
Day 15 Bangkok (1B)
Flight to Bangkok. Tour finishes late afternoon at the airport.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now