Explore the canals of Bangkok, experience the 13th-century ruins of Sukhothai Historical Park from the saddle of a bike, uncover the mysteries of Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle, ride an elephant through the countryside, savour a home-cooked khantoke-style meal with a Thai family
From the buzzing night market of Chiang Mai and the elephants of Lampang to delicious food and beautiful textiles, immerse yourself in the incredible culture of the region. Cycle through the ancient city of Sukhothai, climb up to the Buddhist temples at Doi Suthep and enjoy the beauty of the hills surrounding Chiang Mai. Our expert CEOs will take the hassle out of planning and help you find the secluded spots only the locals know.
- Klong boat tour (Bangkok). Wat Po entrance and guide. Bicycle trip around historic Sukhothai (half-day). Elephant Conservation Centre visit (Chiang Rai). Elephant ride. Opium Museum entrance. Doi Suthep temple guided tour (Chiang Mai). Local khantoke-style home meal experience. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 8 breakfasts, 1 dinner. (Allow USD170-225 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (8 nts), sleeper train (1 nt).
- Train, public bus, walking, elephant, songthaew, bicycle.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Sukhothai (2B)
Morning of Day 2, take a guided longboat tour of Bangkok's klongs and Wat Po. Travel to Sukhothai and take a half-day guided bike tour of Sukhothai Historical Park and explore the area with free time.
Day 4 Lampang (B)
Option to take a traditional horsecart ride through town.
Days 5-6 Chiang Rai Province/Golden Triangle (2B)
Visit the Elephant Conservation Centre, ride an elephant, visit the town of Mai Sai and the Opium Museum.
Days 7-9 Chiang Mai (3B, 1D)
Guided tour of Doi Suthep temple. Optional cooking class and bicycle tour. Opt to visit the Mae Sa waterfall, shop at the night market or enjoy a traditional Thai massage. Enjoy a home-cooked meal with a local family, khantoke-style, in a village outside Chiang Mai. Overnight train to Bangkok on Day 9.
Day 10 Bangkok
Trip ends on arrival at Bangkok train station. Onward travel can be booked for 3pm or later. We highly recommend booking pre- or post-accommodation to fully enjoy this vibrant city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now