Explore magnificent temples and palaces, trek through remote hilltribe villages and meet local people, ride an elephant, sleep on a floating rafthouse, learn about the somber history of Kanchanaburi and the infamous Burma Railway
Meet saffron-robed monks, visit hilltribe villages and delve into the different on an adventure that includes Thailand's wild northwest corner. You'll stretch your legs and your mind on a 3-day trek to hilltribe villages, each with their own language and religions. Whether you're walking the ancient streets of Ayutthaya or planning some shopping in Chiang Mai, our CEOs will help you discover places you wouldn't otherwise have known were there. And with plenty of free time to explore on your own, this trip will let you really absorb the spirit of this diverse country.
- Klong boat tour (Bangkok). Wat Po entrance and guide. Erawan Falls and Bridge on the River Kwai visit (Kanchanaburi). Temple ruins tour (Ayutthaya). Thai Burma Railway Centre visit. Doi Suthep temple visit (Chiang Mai). Hilltribe village trek (3 nts). Elephant ride. Internal flight (seasonal). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 9 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD150-200 for meals not included.)
- Hotels/guesthouses (6 nts), rafthouse (1 nt), hilltribe village huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (2 nts).
- Train, longtail boat, elephant, walking, minibus, songthaew, local bus.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Kanchanaburi (2B,1D)
Spend the night on a floating rafthouse, visit the Bridge on the River Kwai and Erawan National Park.
Day 4-5 Ayutthaya/Train (2B)
Visit the historical sites of the old capital city of Ayutthaya. Opt to visit Chan Kasem National Museum and Chao Sam Phraya Museum. Overnight train to Chiang Mai (flight and extra night in Ayutthaya during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 6 Chiang Mai
Enjoy this fantastic city before and after the hike. Opt to visit the Mae Sa waterfall, shop in the famous night market, take in a Muay Thai fight or take a local cooking class.
Days 7-9 Hilltribe trek (3B,3L,3D)
Trek through the hills of the north, staying in remote hilltribe villages and eating locally prepared meals. Take an elephant ride through the jungle.
Day 10-11 Chiang Mai/Overnight train (2B)
Enjoy another day in Chiang Mai, opt to indulge in a post-trek Thai massage. Overnight train to Bangkok (flight and extra night in Chiang Mai during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 12 Bangkok
Trip ends on arrival at the Bangkok train station (or airport, depending on the season). Onward travel can be booked for 3pm or later. We highly recommend booking pre- or post-accommodation to fully enjoy this vibrant city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now