Explore the vibrant colours of Chiang Mai, trek through Northern Thailand, meet the friendly locals, learn about the Karen tribe and witness their traditional weaving
Trek through the hills surrounding Chiang Mai and meet the local people, known collectively as hilltribes, who have made their homes on these slopes. They have lived in peace and without modern conveniences for many years; a visit to these traditional communities is like travelling back to a simpler time. Learn about jungle food and the local way of life, and ride an elephant through the forest. After all that exertion, recline on a bamboo raft and float downriver, giving the friendly locals a wave as you drift past them going about their daily lives.
- 3-day trek. Karen village visit. Elephant ride. Bamboo rafting. Free time to explore Chiang Mai. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD50-75 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (2 nts), basic huts (2 nts, multi-share).
- Open pickup truck, van, trekking, elephant, raft.
- Local trekking guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 5. Please note this trip runs often in order to provide maximum flexibility when choosing dates. It's possible your group size will be fairly small.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Chiang Mai
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-4 Hilltribe trekking/Karen village (3B,3L,2D)
Trek through rugged forest and experience the wonderful diversity of this region, each village with its own language, belief system, styles of dress and traditions. On Day 2, spend time in a Karen tribe village. Here, observe and learn about traditional basket-weaving and scarf-making. On the journey back to Chiang Mai, enjoy a well-earned break from trekking with a bamboo raft jaunt and an elephant ride through the forest.
Day 5 Chiang Mai (B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now