Touring the canals of Bangkok, Exploring the ancient capital of Sukhothai, Visiting Lampang Elephant Conservation Centre, Learning the mysteries of Chiang Rai, Wondering around historical Chiang Mai, Sailing the stunning Southern Thai islands
Thirteenth century pagodas, historical tour of the Golden Triangle, local handicrafts of hilltribe markets and delicious curries—experience the highlights of Thailand. Cruise the islands of the Andaman Sea on a private catamaran, dine on Thai cuisine and sleep moored under the stars. This two-week trip offers the history and culture of the north and the beautiful beaches and coves of the south. With a CEO leading the way and an experienced captain navigating the islands, this tour offers a combination of guided excursions and free time to explore on your own.
- Klong boat tour in Bangkok, Entrance and guide at Wat Po, Doi Suthep Temple, Entrance to Opium museum, Elephant Conservation Centre, Elephant ride, Half day bicycle trip around historical Sukhothai, Seven days of sailing through Southern Thailand islands.
- 12 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners. (Allow USD170-225 for meals not included.)
- Guesthouse/hotels (7 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), sailing catamaran (6 nts).
- Train, public bus, taxi, walking, elephant, songthaew, bicycle, plane, sailing catamaran.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO), local guides, skipper and assistant/cook on sailing segment
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 10 for Northern Thailand. Max 8, avg 6 on the sailboat.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive in Bangkok at any time.
Days 2-3 Sukhothai (2B)
Guided longboat tour of Bangkok's klongs then Wat Po visit. Take a guided bike tour of Sukhothai Historical Park.
Day 4 Lampang
Option to take a traditional horse-and-cart ride through town.
Days 5-6 Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle (2B)
Visit Lampang Elephant Conservation Centre and see what it is like to ride an elephant. Visit the border town of Mai Sai and an Opium Museum.
Days 7-8 Chiang Mai (2B)
Guided tour of Doi Suthep temple. Optional cooking classes or bicycle tour. On Day 8, take an overnight train to Bangkok.
Day 9 Phuket (D)
Fly from Bangkok to Phuket to embark on the sailing adventure. Option to explore Koh Naka Yai or relax on board.
Day 10 Koh Ping Kan (B,L)
Visit Sea Gypsy villages and explore Koh Ping Kan, spend the day swimming and snorkelling.
Day 11 Koh Yao Noi Island/Ao Muang Bay (B,L,D)
Another day in paradise - swim, snorkel and relax.
Day 12 Koh Phi Phi/Maya Bay (B,L,D)
Visit Monkey Bay, Phi Phi Island & Maya Bay
Day 13 Bay Nai Harn (B,L)
Options to visit Patong or Phuket Town between snorkelling adventures. Optional beach activities.
Day 14 Koh Yao Yai (B,L,D)
Options for island excursions, bike riding, canoeing or relaxing.
Day 15 Phuket (B)
Trip ends upon arrival in Phuket.