Embrace the ethnic diversity of Toronto and Montreal, witness how Canadian maple syrup gets from trees to your pancakes, appreciate the evening call of the loon beside a campfire at your lakeside cottages, visit Ontario's award-winning wine region for a taste.
From sugar shack maple syrup to Niagara vineyard wines of note, from French food to French fries, this 1-week trip serves up the best of central Canada. Get a hit of urban decadence in Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa and a soothing wilderness stay in lakeside cottages in the Algonquin region. You'll travel in comfortable vehicles with a local CEO there to lead the way, so you're spending your time appreciating the magnificent sites instead of figuring out how to get to them.
- Orientation walk through historic old Montreal. Visit an authentic sugar shack for a local lunch and sample maple syrup. Ottawa orientation walk including Parliament Hill and the Byward Market. 2 nights in authentic lakeside cottages with hiking, canoeing and wildlife watching. Evening walk in Niagara Falls. Winery tour and tasting. Orientation walk in Toronto. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow CAD150-250 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (6 nts), lakeside cottages (2 nts).
- Air-conditioned private touring van, hiking, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guide in Algonquin.
- Small group experience; Max 9, Avg 7.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Montreal
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Montreal (1B)
This morning we take a walk through historic old Montreal. In your free time, try popular optional activities like climbing Mont Royal or visit museums and galleries.
Day 3 Ottawa (1B,1L)
The day's drive includes a stop for lunch at an authentic sugar shack to learn about maple syrup, then on to Ottawa—the nation's capital. Enjoy a walk along Parliament Hill and through the Byward Market.
Day 4-5 Algonquin Region (2B, 2L, 2D)
Trade the city for pristine nature in the Algonquin region where we spend two nights in lakeside cottages enjoying the great Canadian outdoors. Enjoy a campfire, take a guided hike and go canoeing. Keep your eyes peeled for moose, beavers, black bears and other wildlife.
Day 6-7 Niagara Falls (2B,1L)
Travel to Niagara Falls, take a walk to view the illuminated falls this evening. On Day 7 visit the wine region of Niagara-on-the-Lake for a winery visit and tasting. Option to rent bikes, explore on your own or take the boat to get a closer look at one of the great natural wonders of the world.
Day 8 Toronto (1B)
Head to Toronto, take an orientation walk downtown. Option to visit the CN Tower, take a harbour cruise or explore some of the many culturally diverse neighbourhoods.
Day 9 Toronto (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now