Enjoy one of the most scenic drives in the world along the Icefields Parkway, take a thrilling ice walk on the Athabasca Glacier, impress your friends back home with your photographs of alpine scenery and wildlife, get closer to nature at a remote wilderness lodge
The scenery and wildlife around Banff and Jasper are incomparable and this 9-day adventure assures your experience is up to the same standards. Scamper across the Columbia Icefields and dip your toe in glacier-fed lakes—yes, it really does look like a postcard. Then put on your cowboy hat and enjoy a 2-night stay at a wilderness Lodge—horseback riding and sumptuous western cuisine await. Take in the Rocky mountain views and a good chance of spotting elk and bears, this is one heck of a trip.
- All national park entrance fees. Orientation walk in Banff. Hike to Tunnel Mountain, Bow Falls and Lake Minnewanka. Scenic drive on the Icefield Parkway with Athabasca Glacier ice walk. Visit Peyto and Bow Lake. Spend 2 nights at a wilderness lodge with 2 hours of horseback riding. Orientation tour of Calgary. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners. (Allow CAD200-300 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels/lodges (6 nts), wilderness lodge (2 nts).
- Air-conditioned private touring van, hiking, walking, horse.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides
- Small group experience; Max 12, Avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Calgary
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Golden, BC (2B,1L,2D)
Enjoy a scenic drive through the Rockies with a stop in Yoho National Park, visiting Tekkakaw falls and emerald lake. Spend 2 nights at a Heritage Wilderness Lodge including horseback ride and western cuisine. Option for additional horse and trail riding, sauna, hiking and whitewater rafting.
Days 4-5 Jasper (2B)
Drive the famed Icefields Parkway taking in the towering mountains, turquoise lakes, waterfalls and glaciers. In Jasper, opt to hike or cruise Maligne Lake, or go rafting on the Athabasca River.
Days 6-7 Banff (2B)
Continue to Banff National Park with a stop at the Athabaska Glacier and Columbia Icefields to take a thrilling ice walk. Take an orientation walk in the town and visit Tunnel Mountain, Bow Falls and Lake Minnewanka. Option to ride the Sulphur Mountain gondola, go whitewater rafting, canoeing or soak in the hot springs.
Day 8 Calgary (1B)
Drive to Calgary and take an orientation tour of the city. Option to visit Olympic Park.
Day 9 Calgary (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now