Experience life in a local village, trek through the rainforest looking for resident monkeys, get inspired by the resilient people of Sierra Leone, learn about life on the coast, explore historic Freetown
The only thing needed to experience something spectacular is a sense of adventure. This incredible 10-day tour of Sierra Leone will guide the avid explorer through a little-visited nation that rewards attention. You’ll explore historic Freetown, get to know the locals during a village stay, spot wildlife on a riverboat cruise and get some time at the beach to unwind. Don’t expect the comforts of home—just the beauty of the people and the chance to experience something truly special. One-of-a-kind? This is it.
- Makeni village visit. Rogbonko village stay with cultural walks and local meals. Tiwai Island entrance fees with guided walks. Village visits and boat ride. Beach time in John Obey Beach and River No. 2. Tacugama Chimp Sanctuary entrance and visit. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 8 dinners. (Allow USD90-110 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Hotels (3 nts), simple huts (4 nts), basic tented camp (2 nts).
- Boat, ferry, 4x4 vehicles, minibus.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) and driver(s) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 10, avg 8
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Freetown
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Rogbonko (2B, 1L, 2D)
Head inland with a stop in Makeni. Meet the village chief, visit farms, learn about rural life on a cultural walk, take a dip in the river and try local cuisine while listening to some local music.
Day 4-5 Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary (2B, 1L, 2D)
Cross Moa River by boat to Tiwai Island and hike in the rainforest looking out for monkeys, chimps and birds. Visit a local village and take a relaxing boat ride.
Day 6-7 John Obey Beach (2B, 2D)
Opt to volunteer in the community, relax on the beach, learn how to fish, or even take a day trip to Banana Island.
Day 8 River No. 2 (1B, 1D)
Head up the beach to this idyllic locale. Hike in the hills above the beach, try some palm wine, or enjoy one last day in the sun.
Day 9 Freetown (1B, 1D)
Visit the Tacugama Chimp Sanctuary, then explore Freetown in the afternoon.
Day 10 Freetown (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now