Conquer the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, settle in with the locals at a homestay on Lake Titicaca, explore the Uyuni Salt Flats and Andean wilderness, spot wildlife in the Brazilian Pantanal, stand in awe of Iguassu Falls
From the Nazca Lines and the heights of Incan archaeology to the beach at Ipanema, this 45-day long tour provides limitless opportunities for adventure. Explore the wetlands of the Pantanal, thundering Iguassu Falls and the bizarre landscape of the Uyuni Salt Flats. In the thin air of the Andes, trek the challenging Inca Trail to legendary Machu Picchu—we run our own treks and ensure quality food and equipment, leaving you to focus on your next exhilarating step forward. With local transportation and authentic accommodation, this trip offers an intense blend of included activities and free time to explore on your own. This trip has it all!
- Nazca desert cemetery and potter's studio guided tour. Arequipa stay. Colca Canyon and surrounds guided tour. Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a Planeterra-supported women's weaving project (full-day). Lunch at the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village. Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4-day). Planeterra-supported handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail. Machu Picchu guided tour. Floating islands of Uros visit. Lake Titicaca guided tour. 4x4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats (3-day). Pantanal wildlife excursion (2-day). Bonito stay. Iguassu Falls visit (Brazil and Argentina). Beach time on Ilha Grande. Rio de Janeiro stay. Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 38 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 8 dinners. (Allow USD1110-1480 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (33 nts), overnight buses (2 nts), overnight train (1 nt), camping (3 nts), homestay (1 nt), basic hotels on Uyuni Salt Flats excursion (2 nts, multi-share), tented room with hammocks in the Pantanal (2 nts, multi-share).
- Public bus, plane, ferry, train, private van, boat, hiking, 4x4 vehicle.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout (except on the local flight from Sucre to Santa Cruz), specialist Inca Trail CEO on hike, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Lima
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Pisco
Explore Lima before catching a bus to Pisco, renowned for its local drink, the Pisco Sour. Enjoy Peruvian cuisine.
Day 3-4 Nazca
Optional visit to Ballestas Islands before travelling to Nazca. Guided tour of Nazca desert cemetery and potter's studio. Optional flight over the Nazca Lines before the night bus to Arequipa.
Day 5-7 Arequipa/Chivay/Colca Canyon (3B)
Free day in Arequipa. Optional city tour or visit to the Santa Catalina Monastery. While in Chivay, opt to spend time in local hot springs. On Day 7, enjoy a guided tour of Colca Canyon to spot condors, then return to Arequipa for the night.
Day 8 Cusco (1B)
Fly to Cusco. Free afternoon to explore.
Day 9 Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo (1B,1L)
Full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins along with a visit to a Planeterra-supported women's weaving project in a local community. Enjoy lunch at the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village. Shopping opportunities at a local market.
Day 10-13 Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (4B,3L,3D)
4-day guided Inca Trail hike with visit to Machu Picchu. Planeterra-supported handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco.
Day 14-16 Cusco (3B)
Free time to explore Cusco or relax. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Day 17 Puno (1B)
Travel day by bus from Cusco to Puno.
Day 18-19 Lake Titicaca (2B,1L,1D)
Visit to the floating islands of Uros and guided tour of Taquile Island on Lake Titicaca. Optional visit to Sillustani burial site.
Day 20-21 La Paz (2B)
Travel by bus and cross the border into Bolivia, arriving at La Paz. Optional excursion to the Valley of the Moon or explore the city's winding streets and lively markets.
Day 22 Uyuni (1B)
Travel by train and bus to the town of Uyuni.
Day 23-25 Uyuni/Salt Flats Excursion (3B,3L,2D)
3-day 4x4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats and surrounding desert altiplano with spectacular scenery. Stay in simple hotels upgraded with solar panels to provide electricity and hot water.
Day 26 Potosí (1B)
Bus journey from Uyuni to Potosí. Optional excursion to a working silver mine or free time to explore the city.
Day 27-29 Sucre (3B)
Continue by bus to Sucre. Optional visit to the nearby dinosaur tracks, or explore the beautiful colonial city.
Day 30-31 Santa Cruz/Puerto Suarez (2B)
Fly to Santa Cruz. Travel by overnight train to the Brazilian border at Puerto Suarez.
Day 32-33 Corumbá/Pantanal (1B,2L,2D)
2-day excursion into the wetlands of the Pantanal with a local guide. Opportunities to spot wildlife such as monkeys, macaws, giant otters and caiman.
Day 34-38 Bonito/Iguassu Falls (5B)
Travel by van to Bonito. Optional snorkelling excursions in the crystal-clear rivers. Continue by overnight bus to Iguassu Falls, for two full days of exploration from both the Argentine and Brazilian sides. Optional boat ride at the base of the falls or visit a nearby bird park.
Day 39-44 Paraty/Ilha Grande/Rio de Janeiro (4B)
Fly to São Paulo and continue by van to Paraty. Optional cachaça distillery visits or take a boat excursion in the bay to some of the nearby islands and beaches. Continue by van up the coast and take a ferry to Ilha Grande. Optional hikes and beach time. Carry on by ferry and van for free time to explore the city using our centrally located hotel in Copacabana as a base. Optional city tour.
Day 45 Rio de Janeiro (1B)
Depart at any time. We highly recommend booking pre- and post-accommodations to fully explore these lively cities.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now