Experiencing daily wildlife viewing and lectures with an expert local naturalist, Participating in cultural exchanges in local villages, Exploring the origins of human history at Olduvai Gorge– the 'Cradle of Mankind'.
Scour the legendary Serengeti in pursuit of cheetahs and descend into the pristine African wilderness of the Ngorongoro Crater. Your Discovery Adventures naturalist guide will offer keen insight and a unique perspective to some of the most famous wildlife sites and important archaeological sites in East Africa. Travel in small packs—so you’re not lost in the crowd—and stay in the thick of it in luxury wilderness camps and lodges. Our small 4x4 safari vehicles improve your chances of snapping that perfect shot of some of the most amazing animals on the planet—Africa’s Big Five. Discover the majesty of Africa.
- Arrival transfer - Welcome gift - Entrances and game drives in Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater - Mto wa Mbu Village walk with traditional local lunch - Visit an authentic Masai village - Visit the shifting sands site and Olduvai Gorge lecture and walk - Visit a local Iraqw village and enjoy a traditional lunch.
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 5 Dinners (Allow USD50-65 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (2 nts), luxury tented camps (2 nts), safari lodge (1 nt), classic mobile tented camp (2 nts).
- 6-seat 4x4 safari vehicle, walking
- Discovery Adventures guide, local guides and park rangers, certified driver/guide.
- Small group experience; Max 6, avg 5
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Arusha
Arrive at any time. Transfer to hotel included.
Day 2 Tarangire National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Drive to Tarangire National Park for a game drive and lectures with our local naturalist guide.
Day 3 Lake Manyara National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Game drive and wildlife viewing in Lake Manyara National Park.
Day 4-5 Serengeti National Park (2B, 2L, 2D)
Visit an authentic Masai village, visit Olduvai Gorge and walk down into the gorge with a local guide, visit the shifting sands. Enjoy daily game drives and lectures in Serengeti National Park.
Day 6 Ngorongoro Conservation Area (1B, 1L, 1D)
Depart Serengeti and enjoy full day game drive through Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 7 Arusha (1B, 1L)
Meet local people with a visit to Iraqw village and on a cultural walk in Mto wa Mbu village. Enjoy a local lunch of traditional specialities and visit a local families home before returning to Arusha.
Day 8 Arusha (1B)
Depart at any time.