If you have booked this trip or are curious about all of the details, you can download this trip's information as a PDF.
Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
Please note that visas are the responsibility of the individual traveller. Visa requirements for your trip vary depending on where you are from and where you are going. We keep the following information up to date as much as possible, but rules do change. It is important that you check for yourself. Your travel agent can assist.
UZBEKISTAN: (TOURIST VISA)
All nationalities (apart from holders of ex-Soviet Union countries passports, but you still must check with the embassy) require a visa to Uzbekistan.
Most nationalities also need an official Letter Of Invitation (LOI) before they can apply for their Uzbekistan visa. USA citizens don't require LOI. We recommend USA citizens to contact Uzbek embassy in Washington or New York (depending on where you live) to check info with embassy. Those who don't need an LOI can leave the "Invite Party" on their visa application form blank.
You can obtain the LOI through our visa support agent in Uzbekistan. The visa support link you need to complete will be sent to you or your travel agent by email when you confirm your booking. You must read the instructions carefully and fill out all the details. Below are some government websites with more information:
HOW TO FILL IN LOI FORM ONLINE:
- Write your name exactly as it is on your passport. Uzbekistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) is very precise about this information (if you have 2 or more names all of them must be listed under "first name"). If name on application does not match passport, Uzbekistan MFA might deny your LOI.
- Arrival Day: Your day of arrival into Uzbekistan. We recommend to put your arrival day 1 day earlier than your actual arrival day so your visa length will cover any unexpected delays. **Please note: When you fill out the form at the Uzbekistan Embassy, you must put the same dates as stated on your LOI.
- Departure Day: Your day of departure from Uzbekistan. We advise to add 1 more day on your application, so your visa length will cover any unexpected delays.
- Passport copy should be saved in .jpeg or .pdf format only.
- Couples travelling should submit 1 passport copy for each member of the couple. Please do not save 2 or more passports in one file.
- Provide Letter of Employment (LOE)
***Please note that the Uzbek MFA now also requires a Letter of Employment (LOE). Please provide this with your application. Your LOI process will begin once your LOI application and LOE have been submitted.
Your LOI will be sent to you (or your agent) approximately 2 weeks after we have received all required documentation.
IMPORTANT: Please note that if your country has official Uzbekistan representation (embassy or consulate), you have to apply for visa in the country of residence. If you travel prior to the trip and can not obtain visa in the country of residence, Uzbek MFA requires copy of E-ticket proving that you will be out of country long enough, and wouldn't be able to apply for visa. If your country doesn't have official Uzbekistan representative, you can apply for visa on arrival in Tashkent airport. If you indicate on your LOI application that you wish to pick up your visa on arrival PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR ARRIVAL FLIGHT TICKET (date, arrival time, flight number). Though, in some European countries you will need to allow extra time to send your passport to a country with an Uzbekistan embassy. We strongly recommend you to double check all visa information with the Uzbekistan embassy in your country, as rules sometimes are changed.
Once you have received your LOI you can apply for your visa by going to the Uzbekistan embassy you listed in the online application. Please, remember that it is your responsibility to check whether passport details, name spelling and dates on the LOI are correct.