Explore vibrant cities, snorkel colourful reefs, shop in quaint Hoi An, float among the karsts of Halong Bay, discover sleepy Laos, cruise the mighty Mekong River.
From the fast-paced nightlife of Bangkok to a slow boat along the Mekong, this trip brings you the best of South East Asia on a shoestring. You'll party along the beautiful bay of Vietnam’s Nha Trang in the company of like-minded travellers and channel the French vibe sipping coffee in riverside cafés in Laos. Explore golden temples or hunt down treasures in local markets—the choice is all yours. Best of all, your CEO will take the hassle out of planning, so you're free to soak up the spirit of this amazing region.
- Halong Bay boat cruise with lunch and guide. Flight between Hanoi to Vientiane. Slow boat up the Mekong. Temples of Luang Prabang. Orientation walk around Hanoi's Old Quarter. Three street food crawls in different cities. Internal flight.
- 14 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner. (Allow USD425-490 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels (16 nts), sleeper train (4 nts), local homestay (1 nt).
- Local bus, air-con bus, train, walking, tuk tuk, local boat, junk boat, plane.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Add to your Experience
- Like sailing? Considering adding on our 'Thai Sailing Adventure' after your tour. (Not Yolo but still amazing!)
- Consider bumping up the hotels a notch with our Classic 'Thailand, Laos and Vietnam Adventure' tour.
- 18 - 39 not your demographic? Check out the 'Thailand, Laos and Vietnam Adventure' instead.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Enjoy one of many street food crawls with the group and CEO. Option to visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, War Remnants Museum, Colonial Quarter or go shopping in the Ben Thanh Market. Overnight train to Nha Trang.
Days 3-4 Nha Trang (1B)
Relax by the beach or opt to take a snorkelling trip, go to mud baths or tour the area by motorbike. Overnight train to Da Nang (Hoi An) on Day 4.
Days 5-6 Hoi An (1B)
Opt to take a cooking class, visit the My Son ruins, bike to the beach, take a riverboat tour or explore the old town.
Days 7-8 Hue (2B)
Opt to take a Citadel and Imperial Tombs tour, Perfume River boat trip or countryside motorbike tour. Overnight train to Hanoi.
Day 9 Halong Bay/Bai Chai Harbour (1L)
Visit Halong Bay for a seafood lunch cruise and a cave visit.
Day 10-11 Hanoi (2B)
Explore Hanoi with an orientation walk through the old quarter. Option to see Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature and the Hoa Lo Prison or shop in the old quarter.
Day 12 Vientiane (1B)
A short afternoon flight takes us to the capital city of Laos. Option to visit temples, the National Museum, That Luang or markets.
Days 13-14 Vang Vieng (2B)
Options to hike, bike, go caving or swimming.
Days 15-16 Luang Prabang (2B)
Witness the giving of alms to the Buddhist monks and visit the night market. Opt to go to cooking school, take an elephant trek, visit temples or the Kuang Si Waterfall.
Day 17 Mekong River (1B,1D)
Cruise the Mekong on a long houseboat before arriving to a village homestay for the night.
Day 18 Chiang Khong (1B,1L)
Mekong River travel day and cross the border into Thailand.
Day 19-20 Chiang Mai
Visit Doi Suthep or the Chiang Mai Zoo, catch a Thai boxing match or grab a bargain at the famous night markets. On Day 20, board an overnight train to Bangkok (flight and extra night in Chiang Mai during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 21 Bangkok
Option to visit Wat Po and the Grand Palace visit, go shopping, or relax with a Thai massage.
Day 22 Bangkok (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now