Four days cruising and snorkelling in the Galapagos, visiting the Charles Darwin Research Station, checking out the Sacred Valley ruins, exploring Machu Picchu with an expert guide, spotting wildlife in the Amazon Jungle, sampling seafood in Lima.
If you're short on time but want to see the iconic highlights of South America, this two-week adventure will get you where you need to go. Beginning in Quito and finishing in Lima, you’ll cruise the Galapagos Islands aboard our exclusive g1, experience the peaks of Incan culture and archeology high in the Andes and explore the Amazon from the comfort of our exclusive 'G Tambopata Ecolodge’ . With a focus on local flavour and authentic accommodation, this adventure offers a great introduction to the region and a convenient way to explore this incredible land.
- 3 nights in the Galapagos Islands, Visit to Charles Darwin Research Station, Incredible wildlife encounters, Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling, Flights to and from the Galapagos Islands, Snorkeling equipment onboard Galapagos Yacht, Guided tour of Sacred Valley, Guided tour of Machu Picchu, 3-day excursion to G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge (2 nights).
- 7 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners. (Allow USD190-250 for meals not included. Drinks and tips while on the yacht are extra. You must pay a USD10 Tourist Transit card fee at the Quito airport and a USD100 (cash) Galapagos park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the Islands (subject to increase).)
- Hotels/guest houses (9 nts), twin-share cabins on board our motorized yacht (3 nts), G Lodge Amazon (2 nts).
- Planes, train, motorized canoe, Galapagos yacht, public bus, zodiacs.
- Local naturalist guide (certified by the Galapagos National Park) while in the islands, Chief Experience Officer (CEO) in Lima, local guide in Cusco and at Machu Picchu, local guide at jungle lodge.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-4 Galapagos (3B,3L,3D)
Fly to Galapagos and transfer to the boat. Visit several islands with daily excursions with a local naturalist guide to learn about the natural history and wildlife. Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 5 Santa Cruz/Quito (B)
Disembark the boat in the morning, transfer to the airport and fly back to Quito.
Day 6 Quito/Lima (B)
Fly to Lima. Flight is unescorted, not included and must be pre-booked.
Day 7 Cuzco
Fly to Cusco. Free time for shopping and exploration. Optional city tour, museums and archaeological sites.
Day 8 Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo
Full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins along with a visit to a Planeterra weaving project in a local community. Shopping opportunities at a local market.
Day 9 Aguas Calientes
Train to Aguas Calientes. Optional visit to local hot springs and shopping opportunities.
Day 10 Machu Picchu/Cuzco
Guided tour of Machu Picchu and optional visit to the Inca Bridge.
Day 11 Cuzco
Free day in Cusco. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Days 12-13 Amazon Jungle (2B,2L,2D)
Fly to Puerto Maldonado and continue by motorized canoe to our comfortable, intimate and exclusive G Lodge Amazon. Enjoy guided excursions by expert naturalists to spot wildlife at nearby oxbow lakes, clay licks and tree-top towers. Included rubber boots while at the lodge.
Day 14 Lima
Fly back to Lima.
Day 15 Lima
Depart at any time.