Meet the 'old man of the forest' at an Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, head into the rainforest in search of unique wildlife, explore the jungle by boat and on foot, sample local fare at the night market
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 15%Departures Jun 01 - Jul 01Expires in 8 daysPromo Code DSASP9114
Bored of simply watching wildlife on your TV? Why not take a trip to Borneo to get up close and personal with the animals yourself? This trip is the perfect introduction to Borneo for those who have never been, and even those who have experienced Borneo before will surely spot some new sights. You'll go from exploring rainforest environments to relaxing on tropical beaches, staying in comfortable jungle lodges along the way. There's a ton to see and do on this trip, and you can look forward to finishing off your adventure with three nights at an island beach resort.
- Arrival transfer. Visit Mt Kinabalu National Park and the Poring Hot Springs. Tour Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. Kinabatangang River wildlife viewing by boat and foot. Danum Valley Forest Reserve including a Kadazandusun burial site, wildlife lectures, nighttime wildlife viewing in open jeep, a canopy walk and evening jungle walk. 3 nights at Mabul Island beach resort. Orientation walk in Kota Kinabalu night market with local dinner. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners. (Allow USD250-350 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (4 nts), jungle lodges (4 nts), beach resort (3 nts).
- Minibus/van, jeep, taxi, boat, plane, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
PLEASE NOTE: for the time being, we will not visit Mabul Island on this itinerary, due to current foreign advisories against travel in this specific area. Upon arrival, your CEO will confirm the alternate arrangements, ensuring you have a fantastic and safe trip to Borneo.
Day 1 Kota Kinabalu
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Mt Kinabalu National Park (1B,1L)
Visit a local market and travel to Mt Kinabalu for a lunch in the park and a visit to the Poring Hot Springs for a soak. Option to hike trails or traverse the canopy walkway through the lowland rainforest.
Days 3 Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre/Sandakan (1B)
Travel to Sandakan and visit Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre to learn about and observe these beautiful creatures. Also enjoy a walk through the lush, tropical rainforest.
Days 4-5 Kinabatangan River/Sukau (2B,2L,2D)
Today, travel by boat up the Kinabatangan River to our rustic jungle lodge. This afternoon, take a wildlife cruise in search of monkeys, exotic birds and Borneo pygmy elephants. On Day 5, take a river boat to the Oxbow lake and enjoy an afternoon jungle walk. Optional nighttime river cruise and jungle trekking.
Day 6-7 Danum Valley (2B,2L,2D)
Continue by boat and bus to our rainforest lodge in the Danum Valley Forest Reserve. Activities over the next two days include a walk to the Kadazandusun burial site, lectures on local wildlife and ecology, a nighttime wildlife drive in an open jeep, a canopy walk and an evening jungle walk. Option to go river tubing, trekking or relax in the jacuzzi.
Day 8-10 Mabul Island (3B,1L)
Drive to the coast where we catch our jetty to Mabul Island, our home for the next three nights. Enjoy this tropical paradise with option to swim, snorkel and dive.
Day 11 Kota Kinabalu (1B,1D)
Travel by boat, bus and flight back to Kota Kinabalu. This evening we visit the night market and enjoy local delicacies for our farewell dinner.
Day 12 Kota Kinabalu (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now