Enjoying the fascinating blend of ancient and modern, Exploring historical forts and rural villages, marvelling at the remote Sanctuary of Kutch, Experiencing the fascinating old town of Bhuj and stunning caves at Ellora.
There’s so much to see and do in India that no traveller’s experience there is ever alike. This trip blends the classic highlights you find in the glossy travel spreads with intimate, highly personal moments far from the beaten path. Marvel at the colonial treasures of New Delhi and the flat-out gorgeous Taj Mahal, then haggle for the best deal like a lifelong local in the bustling markets. In Rajasthan, you’ll see colours you never even knew existed, and in Gujarat, you’ll stumble across stone-age settlements and some of the world’s rarest wildlife.
- Arrival transfer, Walking tour with a guide from the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project, Chandni Chowk local market and Gurduwara Sikh Temple, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fathpur Sikri, City Palace Jaipur, Amber fort, Hawa Mahal, Chittorgarh Fort, City Palace Udaipur and the Jagdish Temple, Gandhi Memorial, Akshardham Temple and the Adlaj Stepwells, Aina Mahal (Palace of Mirrors) and texttile tour of the hamlets, Wildlife Safari in the Rann of Kutch, Ellora Caves, the Bibi Ka Maqbara and Bani begum Gardens, orientation walk in Mumbai including the Gateway of India and Dhoby Ghaut.
- 13 Breakfasts, 2 dinners. (Allow USD350-400 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (13 nts)
- Plane, bus/van, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw, small river boat, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive any time, an arrival transfer is included.
Day 2 Delhi/Agra (1B)
Enjoy a city tour by local streetkids, a Planeterra-supported project. Afternoon drive to the city of Agra.
Day 3 Jaipur (1B)
Morning visit to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Drive to Jaipur, visiting Fathpur Sikri en route.
Day 4 Jaipur (1B)
Visit the Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal. Option to watch a Bollywood movie.
Day 5 Udaipur (1B)
Drive to Udaipur. Visit Chittorgarh Fort en route.
Day 6 Udaipur (1B)
Explore Udaipur including visits to the City Palace, Jagdish Temple and the Old City.
Day 7 Ahmedabad (1B)
Drive to Ahmedabad. Visit the Gandhi Memorial (a former home to Mahatama Gandhi), the stunning Akshardham Temple and the Adlaj Stepwells.
Day 8 Bhuj (1B)
Drive to Bhuj, visit Aina Mahal (Palace of Mirrors) and visit a textile village for demonstrations of the local craft.
Days 9-10 Rann of Kutch (2B,2D)
Drive to Rann of Kutch. Visit the Wild Ass Sanctuary for a wildlife safari, stay in traditional-style comfortable huts and interact with some of the most remote and colourful tribes of India.
Days 11-12 Aurangabad (2B)
Afternoon flight to Aurangabad. Explore the Ellora Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage site housing over 30 temples and monasteries. Also visit Bibi ka Maqbara mausoleum and the Bani Begaum Gardens.
Day 13 Mumbai (1B)
Short flight to Mumbai. Orientation walk of the city including the Gateway of India, Fort Area, Crawford Market and Dhobighat.
Day 14 Mumbai (1B)
Depart at any time.