For millennia, the Amazon has been reluctant to reveal its secrets to outsiders; to this day, science still can’t fully explain the staggering biodiversity of this lush tropical forest and the vast network of tributaries that feeds it. Curious? Come along with us and go deeper into the jungle than you’d ever get on your own.
Journey to the beating heart of nature itself
Brand-new & purpose-built
Shore excursions offer a deeper glimpse of life along the river. Seek out rare wildlife – including sloths, toucans, and pink dolphins – and push deeper into the jungle on guided nature hikes.
Each Amazon riverboat expedition features locally trained G Adventures Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) dedicated to educating travellers on the region’s wildlife, cultures and diverse ecosystems.
Everything up front
All of our Amazon riverboat itineraries include pre- and post-trip hotel stays in Lima, as well as a return flight to Iquitos.
- 32 passengers
- 10 comfy main deck cabins with side-by-side twin beds river-facing with private facilities and A/C
- 6 spacious second-deck cabins with queen or twin beds; river-facing with private facilities and A/C
- 16 crew and naturalist guide
- Large open upper deck with bar area for briefings and lounging with deck chairs and hammocks
- Aft dining room on the second deck accommodates all passengers in one sitting
- Best-in-field naturalist guides
- Equipped with an open skiff to explore smaller tributaries and remote arteries
- Complimentary tea and coffee served all day
- Water, juice and snacks available for purchase
What's a typical day like?
Most excursions take place in the mornings and late afternoons when the wildlife is most active. During hotter midday hours, your naturalists will host informative presentations on human, plant, and animal life in the Amazon.
The Queen Violeta’s best-in-field crew is handpicked for their knowledge of the Amazon River, its people and wildlife. Formal lectures and informal chats open up the conversation about the diverse and fragile ecosystem that surrounds you.
What's the food like?
Meals offer a healthy mix of international cuisine and Peruvian fare prepared from fresh local ingredients, providing a unique – and delicious – window into local culture. The Queen Violeta’s dining room seats all passengers at once at tables of four to six.
What's it like on board?
Designed for life on the Amazon, the Queen Violeta offers a comfortable floating-home-away-from-home with great sightlines, spacious dining facilities, a roomy observation deck and river views in each cabin. Choose between twin beds or one queen bed in the Superior cabin for maximum comfort and convenience.