Explore ancient Mayan ruins and UNESCO World Heritage sites, visit modern day Mayan communities and participate in a Mayan tree-planting ceremony, take a cooking class and enjoy the results for lunch
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 15%Departures Jul 01 - Oct 31Expires in 7 daysPromo Code DSCAM8114
The ultimate exploration of Mayan culture for those who want the complete experience but prefer a more comfortable option. Explore the ruins at Copán and Tikal, walk the cobblestones in the colonial city of Antigua, and take part in a Mayan tree-planting ceremony after a local lunch on breathtaking Lake Atitlán. From the Caribbean flavour of Livingston to soaring volcano views, your CEO will show you the region’s hidden gems and make sure your trip burns brightly in your memory long after you've left this crossroads of Mayan culture.
- Arrival transfer. Guatemalan cooking class with lunch. Guided tour of the ruins of Copán. Guided visit of the ruins of Quirigua. Scenic boat ride from Rio Dulce to Livingston. Guided tour of the ruins of Tikal. Boat ride around Lake Atitlán, with visit to San Juan la Laguna community including a local Mayan lunch and a tree-planting ceremony. Visit small community co-ops for demonstrations of traditional arts ands crafts. Guided cultural walking tour of Antigua. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 13 breakfasts, 3 lunches. (Allow USD300-400 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (13 nts).
- Private van, boat, flight, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Antigua
Arrive at the Guatemala City airport. Arrival transfer to hotel in Antigua included.
Day 2 Antigua (1B,1L)
Enjoy an included cooking class and learn to make Guatemalan specialties; the best part, eating the tasty dishes you have created. Free time to take salsa dancing lessons and explore this quaint city.
Day 3-4 Copán, Honduras (2B)
Set off on a full day of travel to Honduras. On Day 5, take a guided tour of the Copán ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Option to explore the town or go horseback riding.
Day 5-6 Rio Dulce, Guatemala (2B)
Travel back to Guatemala with a visit to the Mayan ruins of Quirigua en route. Enjoy free time in Rio Dulce with optionals including: horseback riding, visit San Felipe fort, monkey kayak tour, relax at the hot waterfall or hike through the jungle-strewn trails in the Chocón-Machacas Natural Reserve area.
Day 7-8 Flores/Tikal (2B,1L)
Morning scenic boat ride to coastal Livingston and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before afternoon transfer to Flores. On Day 8, take a guided tour of the famous Mayan ruins of Tikal.
Day 9-11 Jaibalito/Lake Atitlán (3B,1L)
Travel today by flight, van and boat to the village of Jaibalito on Lake Atitlán. On Day 10, visit the communities on the lake by boat, including San Juan la Laguna, a Planeterra-supported village. Take an orientation walk, visit various co-ops, enjoy a local Mayan lunch and a Mayan tree-planting ceremony. Free time on Day 11 with options to fish, wind surf, hike, kayak, or go horseback riding.
Day 12-13 Antigua (2B,1L)
Return to Antigua and go on a guided cultural walking tour with a local expert, including the museums at Paseo de los Museos. Options to go on a volcano trek, scour the cobblestone streets for handicrafts or relax with a massage.
Day 14 Antigua (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now