Spend a night in a heritage village home, delve into ancient history and thriving modern culture, explore grand forts and palaces in Rajasthan, marvel at the Taj Mahal at sunrise, learn the true meaning of relaxation aboard a houseboat on Kerala's backwaters, discover a newfound obsession with South Indian cuisine
North India or South? Do both! This 2-week tour combines the riot of Rajasthan’s colours with the calming greens of Kerala. You'll have time to immerse yourself in regional traditions in the North and spend a night at a heritage village hotel, and time to unwind in the south—just imagine cruising the backwaters on a houseboat. Throw in the Taj Mahal, the 'Pink City' of Jaipur and Delhi’s rich architecture and you're left with one spicy curry of an adventure—many flavours with big impact.
- Arrival transfer. Tour of Old Delhi including Jama Masjid Mosque, Chandni Chowk market and Gurduwara Sikh Temple. Tour the Taj Mahal, baby Taj and Agra Fort. Visit Fathpur Sikri and the Abhaneri Step wells. Explore Jaipur including Amber Fort, Jaipur City Palace and Hawa Mahal. Visit the Village of Sawarda and overnight in a Heritage Home. Explore Kochi including Fort Cochin, the Dutch Palace, St. Francis Church, Santa Cruz Basilica and the fishing market and Chinese fishing nets. Overnight on a houseboat in the Kerala backwaters. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 13 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners. (Allow USD300-400 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (11 nts), heritage hotel (1 nt), houseboat (1 nt).
- Private van/bus, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw, walking, flight, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive at any time. An arrival transfer is included.
Day 2 Agra (1B)
Visit old Delhi including Jama Masjid Mosque, Chandni Chowk local market and Gurduwara Sikh Temple. Afternoon drive to the city of Agra.
Day 3 Agra (1B)
Visit the highlights of Agra including The Taj Mahal, Baby Taj and Agra Fort.
Day 4 Jaipur (1B)
Drive to Jaipur, visiting Fathpur Sikri and the Abhaneri stepwells (tank gardens) en route.
Day 5 Jaipur (1B)
Explore the 'Pink City' of Jaipur including the Amber Fort, City Palace and Hawa Mahal. Option to visit local markets and catch a Bollywood film.
Day 6 Sawarda (1B,1D)
Drive to the rural village of Sawarda where we stay in a heritage home. Exploring this traditional village is like stepping back in time. Enjoy a walk in the village and join a family prayer session.
Day 7 Delhi (1B)
Drive back to Delhi for our final evening.
Day 8 Delhi/Kochi (Cochin) (1B)
Fly to Kochi. This evening, enjoy a kathakali show, which combines literature, music, painting, acting and dance.
Day 9 Kumarakom (1B,1D)
Explore Kochi, including visits to the old quarter of Fort Cochin and Mattancherry, the Dutch Palace, St Francis Church (the oldest European church in India), Santa Cruz Basilica, and the fishing market and famous Chinese fishing nets. Travel to Kumarakom with option to rent a canoe and bird-watch on the lake.
Day 10 Alleppey (1B,1L,1D)
Travel to the Kerala backwaters and board our houseboat. Enjoy a leisurely cruise through the canals and lakes, observing local village life and bird-watching.
Days 11-12 Marari (2B)
Lots of free time to explore the village and pristine beaches. Option to visit an Ayurveda spa.
Day 13 Kochi (1B)
Travel back to Kochi for our final evening.
Day 14 Kochi (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now