Viewing wildlife in the Serengeti and other incredible game parks, photographing countless flamingoes at Lake Nakuru, learning of the history of man at the Olduvai Gorge, savouring traditional food.
For those short on time, there’s no need to sacrifice big fun or the opportunity to spot Africa’s ever-elusive ‘Big 5’ on this intense 10-day adventure. Experience the best of wild Africa and explore four famous game parks and reserves of Tanzania and Kenya, including the rolling hills of the Masai Mara and the savannah of the Serengeti. Small groups and safari vehicles not only allow for a more authentic travel experience, but ensure great views so that you’ll be able to capture the perfect shot of the some of the most amazing animals on the planet. This trip is a once-in-a-lifetime experience like no other.
- Entrances and game drives in Lake Nakuru National Park, Masai Mara Game Reserve, Serengeti National Park, and Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Olduvai Gorge visit, Lake Victoria visit, Traditional dinner in local community.
- 9 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 8 Dinners. (Allow USD45-60 for meals and drinks (including bottled water) not included.)
- Simple hotel (2 nts), permanent tented camp (2 nts), full service camping (5 nts).
- 7-seat 4x4 safari vehicle(s), supply vehicle for equipment when necessary.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, certified driver/guide, camp cook.
- Small group experience; Max 14, Avg 10
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Nairobi
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Nakuru (B,L,D)
Game drive. Views of the Rift Valley from look-out points.
Days 3-4 Masai Mara Game Reserve (2B,2L,2D)
Daily game drives.
Day 5 Lake Victoria (B,L,D)
Cross border to Tanzania, camp on the shores of Lake Victoria.
Days 6-7 Serengeti National Park (2B,2L,2D)
Daily game drives. Option to take a boat or canoe ride on Lake Victoria, or do some fantastic bird watching.
Day 8 Olduvai Gorge/Ngorongoro Conservation Area (B,L,D)
Visit archaeological site of Olduvai Gorge. Camp at the rim of Ngorongoro Crater.
Day 9 Ngorongoro Crater/Arusha (B,L,D)
Game drive inside the Ngorongoro Crater. Dinner with the local community in Arusha
Day 10 Arusha (B)
Depart at any time.