Learning traditional recipes and eating delicious Tuscan cuisine, touring the agriturismo's organic orchards and wine cellar to learn more about the 'Slow Food' movement, visiting medieval Montalcino and sampling delicious local wines, exploring the Tuscan countryside and stone-walled hill towns
Use promo code: G13PLUSAIR100+see offer terms and conditions
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by May 31, 2013, for travel by February 1, 2014. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Experience life the local way and you’ll experience a Tuscany that most tourists miss. This trip offers plenty of opportunity to get your hands dirty in the kitchen as you’ll learn to prepare and enjoy this picturesque region’s culinary and viticultural delights. Peruse the local markets and delis in search of the finest organic fare, sample wines in the very vineyards that produced them, and work off all that deliciousness with walks across some of the world’s most beautiful scenery. Just start forwarding your mail here now.
Our accommodation is a rural Tuscan agritourismo in a country setting with beautiful valley views. The property has a small pool and many outdoor areas where you can relax, including a terrace. Our host Stefano is a very keen producer of everything local and organic and loves showing visitors around the region of his ancestors.
• Cooking demonstration of local specialities with our host Stefano, which you will then enjoy for your evening dinner
• Tour the agriturismo's orchards, fields and cellar and learn about local produce from the ground up along with traditional organic methods of cultivation
• Half day trip to Montepulciano
• Wine and olive oil tasting at a local family's cellar
• Five home-cooked dinners of regional specialties at the agriturismo
• Day trip to Montalcino including a stop at Abbey Sant'Antimo to hear monks singing Gregorian chants (if lucky!)
Visiting nearby Siena, Orvieto or Florence, renting a bicycle for a local ride, enjoying a traditional treatment in one of the local spas or relaxing at the beautiful agriturismo.
• Group arrival transfer via train between Rome and Chianciano Terme
• Orientation walk around Chianciano Terme to help you get your bearings
• One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand in Chianciano Terme to make your trip the best it can be and occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the region and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats that cover everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal or go out at night.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now