Sorry! There are no remaining departures for "Local Living Nicaragua: Granada" (CNGL), but here are some similar trips.
Sharing a rental property with optional day trips and activities, connecting with Nicaragua's revolutionary past, slowing down and making friends with the locals, discovering a new-found love of salsa dancing, visiting an active volcano, wandering the architecturally stunning streets of this country's oldest city.
There are no departure dates currently available for the rest of this season. Some tours only run during parts of the year.
Please Contact Us to inquire about dates for next season, or to discuss other tour options.
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $50 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G14PLUSAIR50 when prompted and we'll do the rest.View terms and conditions
Connect with the rich history, culture and stunning scenery of Central America on this Local Living stay in Granada, Nicaragua. Immerse yourself in the colonial character of the city, visit a volcano, kayak on Lake Nicaragua or practice your Spanish. You’ll share a colonial house with a few other like-minded travellers but your free time is all yours. A CEO is there to take care of the hassles so you're free to make this the holiday you want—with new friends or on your own.
Your home away from home is a newly renovated colonial house in the heart of Granada. Located just one block off of the main square, it is conveniently in middle of the an area full of shops, restaurants, art galleries and more. A courtyard that includes a swimming pool and hammocks rounds off the property.
• Kayaking the isletas of Lake Nicaragua
• Hiking the cloud forest atop Mombacho Volcano
• Swimming in the cool waters of crater lake Laguna de Apoyo
• Donning a gas mask and peering over the rim of Masaya Volcano at night
• Visiting the local market and buying fresh tropical fruits and vegetables
• Dancing the night away to live music
• And more!
• Start your trip off right with an included starter kit of breakfast essentials and local delicacies
• Enjoy a dinner of typical Nicaraguan fare with some local friends one evening
• One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand in Granada to make your trip the best it can be and occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the region and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats that cover everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal or go out at night.