Travel like a local on a cyclo ride in Hanoi, meet locals in remote hilltribe villages, cruise along Halong Bay in a traditional junk boat, learn to cook your favourite Vietnamese dishes, step back into history at the Chu Chi Tunnels
For those who want the complete experience but prefer a more comfortable option, this adventure explores the best of Vietnam’s history, culture and cuisine. From the breathless beauty of Halong Bay to the former imperial capital of Hue, the ancient port town of Hoi An and the hilltribe villages, Vietnam offers adventurous visitors a chance to explore its ancient past, recent history and promising future. With comfortable accommodation and transport by private air-conditioned van arranged by your CEO, you'll have plenty of time to appreciate the incredible beauty and remarkable people of Vietnam.
- Arrival transfer. Entrance and tours of Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton) and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. Cyclo tour of Hanoi's Old Quarter. Breakfast at a youth training restaurant. Overnight on a junk boat on Ha Long Bay including excursions to caves and islands. Guided tour and entrance to Emperor's Tomb and Imperial Citadel Hue. Entrance and guided tour of Hoi An Old Town. Hoi An market tour and cooking class. Entrance fee and guided tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 12 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD275-350 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (10 nts), junk boat (1 nt), lodge (1 nt).
- Bus, boat, cyclo, plane, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Hanoi
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2-3 Mai Chau (2B)
After breakfast at a local non-profit training restaurant visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. Travel to the lush Mai Chau Valley to stay in a rural lodge, the perfect base for exploration and learning about Vietnam's ethnic hilltribes. Options include a walking tour of the ethnic villages, cycling in the countryside, cooking class, rock climbing or kayaking.
Day 4 Hanoi (1B)
Return to Hanoi to explore Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton) with a local guide and go on a cyclo tour of the Old Quarter.
Day 5 Halong Bay (1B,1L,1D)
Transfer to Halong Bay and spend the night on a traditional junk boat surrounded by turquoise waters, where thousands of sculpted limestone islands rise from the calm waters. Opt to explore some caves, go kayaking or hike up one of the islands.
Days 6-7 Hue (2B,1L)
After a morning on the bay, transfer back to Hanoi for our flight to Hue. On Day 7, visit the ancient walled Citadel containing the former Imperial Palace. Take a trip into the surrounding countryside to see the final resting place of former emperors, visiting one of the most impressive royal tombs.
Days 8-10 Hoi An (3B,1L)
Enjoy a scenic drive to Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a walking tour of the ancient town and take a cooking class at a local culinary school. Option to visit local tailors, shop, or visit My Son ruins.
Day 11-12 Ho Chi Minh City (2B,1D)
Flight to Ho Chi Minh CIty. Opt to take a cyclo tour and visit the markets and shops. On Day 12, visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, legendary for the vital part they played during the Vietnam War.
Day 13 Ho Chi Minh City (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now